Welcome to AY4. This is one of the Introductory Classes in Astronomy. In this
class we concentrate on the birth, life and death of stars.
- Instructor: Mike Bolte, 401 Kerr Hall, 9-3896, email@example.com
- Teaching Assistant: Phil Choi, 413 Kerr Hall, 9-4485, firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Monday 4:30 - 5:30; Friday 3:30 - 4:30
- Teaching Assistant: Rick Waters, 145 Kerr Hall, 9-3809, email@example.com
Office Hours: Tuesday 5:00 - 6:00; Thursday 5:00 - 6:00
- Class Meeting : 2:00 - 3:10 pm Monday Applied Sci 152
- Class Meeting : 2:00 - 3:10 pm Wed/Fri Thimann Lecture Hall #3
- Textbook: The Universe Revealed, Impey and Hartmann
The book is very good. It contains much information that will
not be covered in class on other areas of astronomy and it will be useful for
you to have it.
- Grades: 5 short quizzes plus 3 labs. You get to drop one of the quizzes
and one of the labs and and will be evaluated based on the remaining six.
- Everything you need to know: is on the World Wide Web. Use your
favorite Web Browser and open:
you can read this document, view and print the class notes and find many
astronomy-related links. If you are unfamiliar with the WWW, take this
opportunity to learn the ropes!
- The Sections: are optional. However, (1) the labs will be administered through
them and (2) this is the place to be for reviewing class material and expanding
into other areas or deeper coverage.
||3:30 - 4:30
||5:00 - 6:00
||7:00 - 8:00
||4:00 - 5:00