The High Dispersion Lyman Limit (HD-LLS) Sample
Brought to you by:
J. Xavier Prochaska
John M. O'Meara (St. Michael's College)
Michele Fumagalli (Durham University)
These pages give tables and spectra of the first data release (DR1)
of LLS surveyed at high-dispersion with the
HIRES, ESI, MIKE and MAGE spectrometers.
We also provide the papers of reference for this material.
Please reference these when appropriate.
Python package (to be affiliated to astropy) that includes routines
for reading in HD-LLS.
- The Keck + Magellan Survey for Lyman Limit Absorption. I. The Frequency Distribution of Super Lyman Limit Systems, O'Meara et al. ApJ, 2007, 656, 666 (astro-ph/0610726) ADS
- The Keck + Magellan Survey for Lyman Limit Absorption. II. A Case Study on Metallicity Variations, Prochter et al. ApJ, 2010, 708, 1221 (astro-ph/0912.0293) ADS
- The Keck + Magellan Survey for Lyman Limit Absorption III: Sample Definition and Column Density Measurements, Prochaska et al. 2015, ApJS, 221, 2
- The physical properties of z > 2 Lyman limit systems: new constraints for feedback and accretion models; Fumagalli, O'Meara, & Prochaska 2016, MNRAS, 455, 4100
- Supersolar Super-Lyman Limit Systems, Prochaska et al. 2006, ApJ, 648, L97
- The Deuterium-to-Hydrogen Abundance Ratio toward the QSO SDSS J155810.16-003120.0, O'Meara et al. 2006, ApJ, 649, L61 (astro-ph/0608302) ADS
This research is supported by grants from the National Science Foundation
(AST 03-07824 and AST 05-48180), NASA (HST-GO-10878.05-A) and the Science and Technology Facilities Council [grant number ST/L00075X/1].
e-mail: xavier at ucolick.org