Suggested Calibrations for HIRES Observations
The following are simply recommendations and do not insure
- 10 'Standard' flat images (i.e. with the science setup)
- Aim for a peak of 30000DN on the chips and a minimum of 1000DN
for each order (may be challengin in the blue).
- It may be important to take a set of Arcs right before and/or
- Take one pair with the trace flats. For essentially all setups,
1s with the NG3 filter is fine.
- Take one before each science exposure. This may not be necessary
and if you are worried about persistance you may wish to avoid this.
- Recommended but not required: One spectrophometric standard star (per setup)
last modified 05/08/05