- Lick Observatory from the air on an early Sunday morning. Photo by Ilse Ungeheuer
Lick Observatory Walking Tour (coming soon).
We are preparing information about the Walking Tour / wayside signage for you.
Please stay tuned.
Thanks to our amazing friends and supporters, we reached our fundraising goal for the installation of a self-guided educational walking tour at Lick Observatory in 2016. In just 24 hours, we exceeded our $10,000 match to raise $20,455 from 89 gifts as part of the UC Santa Cruz Giving Day.
We are in the design phase of the new walking tour. Here are the benefits to look forward to:
- Permanent signage at 12 historic locations around Lick Observatory's telescopes and grounds
- Walking tour will highlight historical information and scientific achievements for UC and California
- Walking tour will have educational information to appeal to visitors of all ages
- Walking tour will improve the visitor experience for 35,000 people who visit every year
Thank you for your support.